Skip to main content


Mayor's Office
Assessor's Office
Boards & Commissions
Budget Documents
City Clerk
City Clerk FAQs
Public Notices
Right to Know
City Code and Charter
City Upcoming Events
Code Enforcement
Common Council
Contact Us
Council of Churches
Dig Safe - UFPO
DPW Garbage & Refuse
DPW Highway Division
Federal Government Links
Fire Department
Friends of Fulton Parks
Fulton City Court
Fulton Block Builders
Fulton Public Library
Fulton Service Clubs
Garage Sale Days
Local Waterfront
Neighborhood Watch
NYS Government Links
Parks & Recreation
Personnel & Civil Service
Police Department
Sanitation Division
Site Map
Sites Of Interest
Veterans - News
Water Department
Weather Alerts
Member Login
City Clerk FAQs

How Do I...

Obtain a certified copy of a vital record by mail?

For all requests, the following items are needed along with a letter:

  1. Copy of driver's license or some other form of ID.
  2. Check or money order made payable to the City of Fulton.  Fee is $10.00 per certified copy.
  3. Self addressed return envelope.

Letter stating full birth name and date of birth, both parents names, including mother's maiden name and reason the record is needed.
Letter stating name of bride (maiden) and groom, date of marriage and reason the record is needed.
Letter stating name of deceased and date of death, relationship to deceased and reason the record is needed.

Apply for a marriage license?

Those who desire a marriage license must be at least 18 years old and be able to produce identification, this includes a birth certificate and a driver's license.  (In order for a person under the age of 18 to obtain a marriage license, he/she must submit written consent from both parents.)  Also, if either person has been previously married, they must produce divorce papers.  Both persons must be present in order to obtain a marriage license.  There is a 24 hour waiting period from the exact time the license is issued before the persons can be married and the license is valid for 60 days beginning the day after issuance.

Obtain a license for my dog?

To obtain a dog license, you must submit a valid rabies certificate and proof of spaying/neutering, if applicable.  The annual fee for a spayed or neutered dog is $12.50.  For an unspayed or unneutered dog the annual fee is $20.50.  Senior citizens (age 65 and older) are eligible for a $10.00 deduction on either type of license.